Thursdays with Zoe is a beautiful, uplifting book designed to remind you of your goodness, relieve the pressure of “perfection,” and help you focus on what matters most.
Through 25 easy-to-read chapters filled with inspiring, down-to-earth stories from the life of my mother, Zoe (who is in the final stages of Alzheimer’s), you’ll feel an immediate sense of peace, an increased ability to focus on the relationships in your life, and a renewed desire to create a loving family that will be yours forever.
The Story Behind the Book
A few years ago, our family noticed that Mom was starting to lose her memory. It wasn’t anything major at first. She’d ask a question twice or forget a recent conversation, but it steadily became harder for her to remember anything, and she soon received an official diagnosis for Alzheimer’s.
As I started to share our story–how much I was missing my mom and how deeply her life had impacted me–I was completely overwhelmed by the support that flooded in from around the world.
Many people shared their “me too!” experiences, while others simply wanted to know how she did it.
How did your mother create a family that loves her SO much? And how can we do the same?
In response to those questions, and in an attempt to record all that love and wisdom for my own children and grandchildren to read, I started writing a book (this book). Then I set a goal to read it to my mom before she left this life.
Just about every Thursday for the past several years, I have taken my children into Long Beach to visit their grandma, and I have read her this book in its entirety, section by section (we have had so much fun in the process!).
Although her memory of me faded during the same years this book was created, I now have a beautiful book to share with you–and I hope that the ideas in it will impact your life as much as they have impacted mine.
What People Are Saying
What a joy to read. I cried several times just wishing for a moment I had experienced a mother remotely similar. I hope to be a mother similar to what you describe your mother as to my three children. – G
Today after reading a portion of your book, I really focused in on my son while I was doing the dishes instead of tuning him out or sending him out to play. We turned on some dance music and sang and twirled and connected in a way that we haven’t all week. Thank you for inspiring me to be more present—thank you for reminding me that my role in my children’s life matters SO MUCH. – R
Topics We’ll Cover
The book is divided into five sections: Lessons on Love, Lessons on Living, Lessons on Parenthood, Lessons on Faith, and More Lessons I’ve Learned. Throughout these sections, you’ll notice the following themes:
- You are enough. Yes, it can often feel like we’re lacking in just about every area of our lives, but when we learn to see ourselves through the correct lenses, the truth is clear.
- It is the PEOPLE in our lives that matter most. Our to-do lists can sometimes confuse us when it comes to identifying our top priority. Let’s change that.
- Building a strong family is something anyone can do. In theory, it might seem impossible–especially if you weren’t raised in an ideal family environment. But when we understand the simplicity and beauty of the process, it increases our confidence in ourselves.
- You are not alone. This book is common ground for people from all religious backgrounds who acknowledge the existence of a Higher Power. My mom shared her faith as described in this quote by Francis of Assisi: “Preach the gospel, and if necessary, use words.”
- Your challenges can be beautiful. Losing my mom to Alzheimer’s has been the most heart-breaking experience of my life. But it has also been more beautiful than I could have imagined. I’ll show you how your challenges can become the same way.
What Are We Doing With the Proceeds?
This is the BEST part of the whole project! As a way to continue my mom’s legacy of love, all proceeds are going to a special fund called “Love from Zoe” that will enable us to serve others who could use a lift. (You’ll understand more about this once you’ve experienced her stories firsthand.)
Are You Ready to Read the Book?
Please click below to purchase! If you have any questions at all, contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you so, so much.