If we do not prioritize our lives, someone else will. And if we do not consciously choose to live lives that matter, excellence will not simply “happen.”
Greg McKeown, best-selling author of the book Essentialism, is one of our very favorite authors. We’ve read (and listened to!) his book several times, and the lessons within it are powerful.
Today’s episode of LearnDoBecome Radio is well worth your time to listen.
In fact, it was so incredible that when I (April) went back to preview the recording, I took pages of notes…just for my own benefit.
And if you want a copy of those notes, our daughter typed them up so we can send them to you. Just scroll down to see where you can sign up! 🙂
Here are a few topics Greg covers in the podcast:
- How to identify your 100-year vision. What long-term story are you writing right now? How can we make sure we’re currently creating the story we want our grandchildren to share about us?
- How to plan and execute an incredible Quarterly Offsite. (Have you heard about those?) Greg shares how you can regain your focus and decide for yourself where your life is actually going.
- How to create a new habit that will change your life. There’s one habit Greg has maintained every day for five years (and nearly every day for 10). I (April) have now adopted this habit, and I now understand why Greg calls this one of the most satisfying elements of his life. (Even if you’re “busy,” once you do this, you’ll know what we mean.)
- The secret to increasing the chance of sustainability. (Do you tend to burn out? Are you trying to do too much? This solution sounds counter-intuitive, but it works!)
- How to figure out if you’re making a “fool’s bargain.” Greg made one of these at one point (it’s a great story…), and he shares how he learned from it.
- The three steps that are at the CORE of Essentialism (and how Greg puts this into practice, spending time with his children every week in a way you wouldn’t expect).
- How we can be gentle on ourselves. “Each day is a prototype for living a life that matters.” And we get to try over and over.
Would you like my (April’s) personal notes on the podcast?
They’re all ready for you. Simply click the blue button below!
Links from the Podcast & Related Posts:
Would you like to learn how to easily incorporate the principles of Essentialism into your life?
Eric and I (April) will show you an incredibly simple process to feel less overwhelmed and way more productive, so you can establish powerful routines and get the most important things done. When combining these strategies with what you just learned in this podcast from Greg, you will feel unstoppable (and relaxed, at the same time). Click here or on the image below to join us for a class!