Alia and I sat down the other day and recorded six specific examples of microbursts that “reduced our cognitive load.”
You know how sometimes your brain feels heavy with random tasks, but you don’t feel motivated to get moving on them? Microbursts are SUCH a simple solution, and we believe anyone can feel lighter, more organized, and more optimistic about life when “microbursting” becomes a regular habit.
The goal for this short podcast is to give you ideas for your own life…your family, your home, your work, and/or all the things that might cause you to feel weighed down. (Great things are ahead!)
As an FYI, this audio was part of our ARISE membership this past month, and if you’d like to join ARISE (link at the bottom!), you can access our full community class recordings and bonus resources–plus you can join our community LIVE for the upcoming topic in July: Finding Fun, Joy, and Humor in Everyday Life.
- April – Pantry – 10 minutes and organized the items that we don’t eat anymore, tossed anything that was stale or old, and only kept what we actually like and enjoy.
- Alia – Kitchen – We had multiples of some kitchen items taking up space and cluttering up our small kitchen area. We gave them to siblings starting college and donated some to a local community center.
- April – New Opt-In for LearnDoBecome – We made a poll in our free Facebook group and started getting responses right away! (By the way, you can join our free Community Facebook Group HERE!)
- Alia – Calendaring with Josh – It used to be difficult to plan things together because we didn’t know when we had other engagements scheduled. We were able to search online to learn how to combine our calendars, and then most of our scheduling issues were over!
- April – Closet – I ironed and hand-washed the clothes that couldn’t go through the regular laundry cycle, and bought a clothes hanger to use outdoors. This made all of my closet items wearable. (And Alia did something similar with a dress button that needed fixing.)
- Alia – Moving – Our apartment has so many piles all over, and it was feeling so cluttered and in disarray. We decided to sort piles into the room where the items belonged, and then subcategorize and put things away from there. (And as an update, we were able to finish moving into our apartment and organize everything after 5 days of doing microbursts!)
Want to help the NEXT generation to get organized? Check out STEP for Students! Alia has put together some incredible resources to help parents set their students up for success!
Come join us in ARISE! There’s a 7-day free trial, an engaging Facebook group, live classes with April and Eric, a monthly “implementation” workshop with STEP Coach Jill, and great reflection questions to help you move in a great direction each month as you create your personalized ideal life.
Are you a STEPper? Steps to Everyday Productivity has already changed the lives of tens of thousands of students from around the globe. We’ll help you build your STEP Command Central, and it will change your life!
Our Four Weeks to Finished Coaching Session starts again September 1st! Click the link to get on the waitlist, and then mark your calendar!