If this topic resonates with you, it’s most likely because you’re responsible, capable, and there’s a lot on your plate. I hope you get a chance to listen to this episode, but here are the bullet points I covered, if you only have time to skim!
(1) You’ll want to prioritize a Weekly Review (30 minutes to 1 hour) when you have the most quiet and energy. Maybe it’s a Sunday afternoon after a nap, maybe it’s a Friday morning–early–when you’ve gotten to bed early the night before. But this overall preview/review of your week is going to make a huge impact. See the related links at the bottom for a podcast about weekly reviews!
(2) Prioritize a 2- to 5-minute Daily Plan–also done when you have the most quiet time and energy. This might be first thing in the morning or in the evening before you go to bed, but if you deliberately “create your day,” you’ll feel less like a victim and more like an agent of change–even if things don’t always go as planned. I’ll link the “Create Your Day” podcast at the end!
(3) Create a VERY small Current Projects List. Even one project is sufficient. If you have a lot of routines, then trying to also do a lot of projects is just going to overwhelm you. Instead, recognize that if your life is full of routines–caring for children, working full time, volunteering in the community, doing all kinds of things for others–you need to start really, really small with “projects.”
(4) Have your Next Actions ready to go on your Next Actions List. (Take our free training, linked at the bottom, if you haven’t learned about Current Projects and Next Actions already.) The secret is to have 10-minute microbursts that will move your project(s) forward WITHOUT having to think about the whole project. They need to be so easy that even when you have a lot going on, you can look at your context-based list and say, “Oh yes! I can do that!”
(5) Work alongside family members (if you are caring for children/living with others) as often as possible. I go into quite a bit of detail on this in the podcast, so please listen if you want more here, okay?
I am sending my love! I know how hard it feels to keep life and a family and a business and community work going, and I know things can feel heavy sometimes, but I promise that these 5 things will make a difference.
If you have questions/need clarifications, please put them in the Comments section, okay?
- [PODCAST 193]: 4 Principles for a Solid Weekly Review
- [PODCAST 174]: Create Your Day
- Are you new to LearnDoBecome and the STEP Program? Click here for our free introductory training: How to Finally Stop Drowning in Piles.
- Ready to join our program and become a STEPper? This link has all of the information in one place for you!
- If you’ve been following along with LearnDoBecome for the last little while, now is the perfect time to become an ARISER! This membership is full of amazing community members that are using their Command Centrals to refine relationships, health, finances, individual purpose, and more. You can sign up for a free, 7-day trial here.