As we’re preparing for our next session of Four Weeks to Finished, we thought it would be fun to take our whole community through an “Emails to Zero” exercise as a foundational step to getting organized.
(As a quick FYI, Four Weeks to Finished is a one-month group coaching program that will help you build your STEP Command Central and learn how to process any decision/item/piece of information that comes into your life…forever. We open a few times a year, and you can either sign up or get on a waitlist by visiting this link!)
The goal of today’s “Emails to Zero” video training is for you to catch the vision of how SIMPLE it can be to keep your inbox at zero. This doesn’t mean every email is processed–nor does it mean that you have no emails to reference or file. It simply means that your INBOX is at zero, and you have a doable plan to keep it that way.
You may be able to get your inbox to zero while you’re watching this video–or it may take some additional time later.
But let me tell you why it matters:
How you handle your digital communication is usually a mirror for how you handle the stuff in your life. This is NOT about the emails.
- Do you create simple systems for your life or just let things pile up?
- Do you allow only the most important things to earn your attention—or do you let your day fill up with a bunch of random information?
- Do you make decisions quickly and appropriately—or do you let things sit with the idea that “someday” you’ll get to them?
- Do you know how to find what you need when you need it—or do you have to dig through piles?
- Can you trust yourself with any project, task, or piece of information—or are you constantly missing things, forgetting things, and then picking up the slack later?
- Do you spend a significant amount of time each day spinning in circles, or do you focus your time and energy on what matters most?
- Do you direct your days or do your days direct YOU?
If these questions stirred some emotions inside you, we guarantee this video training will help!
Click here to open the video inside Facebook! (It was recorded as a Facebook Live via Zoom, so there are some comments in the PDF below and some comments inside Facebook!)
And during the video, I was struggling with the “Multiple Inboxes” feature (getting the emails to show up on the Gmail homepage). A huge thanks to community member, Julia Lam, for figuring out the fix and posting it in our Facebook group!
We hope this was helpful for you, and we are so, so proud of you for participating!
For More Support Getting Organized…