In April 0f 2012, I wrote an article called Your Children Want YOU! that went viral–with more than a million reads in two days. (It’s included in the sample chapters below!)
Thursdays with Zoe builds upon that article with uplifting ideas to remind us of our goodness, relieve the pressure of “perfection,” and help us focus on what matters most.
Through 25 easy-to-read chapters filled with inspiring, down-to-earth stories from the life of my mother, Zoe, you’ll feel an immediate sense of peace, an increased ability to focus on the relationships in your life, and a renewed desire to create a loving family that will be yours forever.
LISTEN TO FREE AUDIOS BELOW:
Introduction: Your Children Want YOU!
Chapter 1 Audio – The Street Sweeper is Coming: Whose keeper are we?
Chapter 21 Audio – To those With Brave Faces: What comforting words do you need to hear?
The full eBook and audio version can be purchased below–or they are included as bonuses in our ARISE membership library!
The Story Behind the Book
Several years ago, our family noticed that Mom was starting to lose her memory. It wasn’t anything major at first. She’d ask a question twice or forget a recent conversation, but it steadily became harder for her to remember anything, and she soon received an official diagnosis for Alzheimer’s.
As I started to share our story–how much I was missing my mom and how deeply her life had impacted me–I was completely overwhelmed by the support that flooded in from around the world. Many people shared their “me too!” experiences, while others simply wanted to know how she did it. How did your mother create a family that loves her SO much? And how can we do the same?
In response to those questions, and in an attempt to record all her love and wisdom for my own children and grandchildren to read, I started writing a book (this book). Then I set a goal to read it to my mom before she left this life. Just about every Thursday for several years, I took my children into Long Beach to visit their grandma, and I read her this book in its entirety, section by section (we had so much fun in the process!).
What People Are Saying
What a joy to read. I cried several times just wishing for a moment I had experienced a mother remotely similar. I hope to be a mother similar to what you describe your mother as to my three children. – G
Today after reading a portion of your book, I really focused in on my son while I was doing the dishes instead of tuning him out or sending him out to play. We turned on some dance music and sang and twirled and connected in a way that we haven’t all week. Thank you for inspiring me to be more present—thank you for reminding me that my role in my children’s life matters SO MUCH. – R
Thank you so much for your book. It really encourages me to be 100% intentional and present for my children–just like your mom was for you! – G
While listening to the free audio samples, I just bought the eBook. I decided that an audio book is MUCH cheaper than paying for therapy!! 🙂 – M
Topics We’ll Cover
The book is divided into five sections: Lessons on Love, Lessons on Living, Lessons on Parenthood, Lessons on Faith, and More Lessons I’ve Learned. Throughout these sections, you’ll notice the following themes:
- You are enough. Yes, it can often feel like we’re lacking in just about every area of our lives, but when we learn to see ourselves through the correct lenses, the truth is clear.
- It is the PEOPLE in our lives that matter most. Our to-do lists can sometimes confuse us when it comes to identifying our top priority. Let’s change that.
- Building a strong family is something anyone can do. In theory, it might seem impossible–especially if you weren’t raised in an ideal family environment. But when we understand the simplicity and beauty of the process, it increases our confidence in ourselves.
- You are not alone. This book is common ground for people from all religious backgrounds who acknowledge the existence of a Higher Power. My mom shared her faith as described in this quote by Francis of Assisi: “Preach the gospel, and if necessary, use words.”
- Your challenges can be beautiful. Losing my mom to Alzheimer’s has been the most heart-breaking experience of my life. But it has also been more beautiful than I could have imagined. I’ll show you how your challenges can become the same way.
What Are We Doing With the Proceeds?
This is the BEST part of the whole project! As a way to continue my mom’s legacy of love, all proceeds are going to a special fund called “Love from Zoe” that will enable us to serve others who could use a lift. (You’ll understand more about this once you’ve experienced her stories firsthand.)
Are You Ready to Read the Book?
Please click below to purchase! (Or come into ARISE for your free membership trial by clicking here!) If you have any questions at all, contact us at [email protected]
Thank you so, so much.